Pastor Scott has 13 years of experience speaking to congregations. Below the sermon series and podcasts of Pastor Scott.
New Teaching Series:
2 Timothy- This October join us as we walk through the book of 2nd Timothy exploring how the Lord is calling us to cling faithfully to His precious Word!
- October 6th: "2 Timothy 1" PODCAST
- October 13th: "2 Timothy 2"
- October 20th: "2 Timothy 3"
- October 27th: "2 Timothy 4"
Guest Speaker: Greg Finke (September 29th, 2019) PODCAST
September Teaching Series- Hidden Gems- Join us as we take some time to study some spiritual GEMS that often get over looked in ways that help us focus more in on how God’s Eternal Mercy Saves.
- - September 1st: 2 Fast PODCAST
- - September 8th: The Art of Silence PODCAST
- - September 15th: Sacred Reading PODCAST
- - September 22nd: Serve PODCAST
Discipling- According to Jesus: The way Jesus disciples people is simple. His way of teaching results in ordinary followers discipling others to do the same. Join us in the month of August as we regain clarity of how Jesus disciples people in the gospels so we can disciple our children, family, friends, and neighbors to get up and follow Jesus and join him on His mission, too.
- July 28th: Why Are We Scared? PODCAST
- August 4th: What is Discipling? PODCAST
- August 11th: How does Discipling Work? PODCAST
- August 18th: What is Jesus Process? PODCAST
- August 25th: How to Disciple Family PODCAST
Parable-Palooza Summer brings vacations and parties. Summer brings fun in the sun. Summer at LMC-River Falls brings “Parable-Palooza” an in depth look at the teachings of Jesus through parables! We invite you to join us in June and July as we dig further into the Word of God studying 8 different parables.
- June 2nd: The Good Samaritan PODCAST
- June 9th: The Cost of Discipleship PODCAST
- June 23rd: Mustard Seed PODCAST
- June 30th: Pharisee & Tax Collector PODCAST
- July 14th: The Talents PODCAST
- July 21st: The Prodigal Son PODCAST
Mental Health- We are broken people. Sometimes we can see the hurt other times it is hidden away. Join us the last two weeks of May as we explore how God in His love and mercy can be part of the mental health conversation.
Means of Grace- God’s gifts of forgiveness, life, and salvation won for us by the death and resurrection of Jesus are revealed in the written and spoken words of God. Join us as we explore these means through Confession/Absolution, Holy Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper.
- April 28th, 2019 "Confession & Absolution" PODCAST
- May 5th, 2019 "Holy Baptism" PODCAST
- May 12th, 2019 "Lord's Supper" PODCAST
Holy Week 2019
- Maundy Thursday: April 18th, 2019 PODCAST
- Good Friday: April 19th, 2019 PODCAST
- Easter Sunday: April 21st, 2019 PODCAST
"Immersed in the Word"
Immersed in the Word- Immerse means “to involve oneself deeply in a particular activity or interest.” We immerse in our work, we immerse in our family, we immerse in our free time but so often we don’t immerse in God’s Word. Why is that? Usually we just don’t make it a priority to spend time with God in His Word. You are invited to join your friends at LMC-River Falls as together we immerse in God’s Holy Word digging into the book of Galatians. We want you to come along and see how beneficial your time spent in God’s word will be. Each Wednesday we will be sending out a brief email including the text from Galatians that will be the basis of the message on Sunday. We hope and pray that you read through it and let God speak to you through this His Word an then when you gather on Sunday morning your learning can continue to grow.
- February 3rd: Galatians 1:1-10 PODCAST
- February 10th: Galatians 1:11-24 PODCAST
- February 17th: Greg Finke (Guest Pastor) PODCAST
- February 24th: Galatians 2:1-10 PODCAST
- March 3rd: Galatians 2:11-21 PODCAST
- March 10th: Galatians 3:1-14 PODCAST
- March 17th: Galatians 3:15-29 PODCAST
- March 24th: Galatians 4:1-32 PODCAST
- March 31st: Galatians 5:1-15 PODCAST
- April 7th: Galatians 5:16-25 PODCAST
- April 14th: Galatians 6:1-18 PODCAST
Lenten Teaching Series "He Chose"
- March 6th (Ash Wednesday): "He Chose to be One of Us" PODCAST
- March 13th: "He Chose To Forgive Us" PODCAST
- March 20th: "He Chose to Invite Us Into His Presence" PODCAST
- March 27th: "He Chose to Love Us Forever" PODCAST
January Teaching Series: "Lettuce Pray"
Join us as we dig further into the LMC River Falls Mission Statement “Empowering Disciples through Prayer.” Together we will explore the importance and power of prayer in our lives.
- January 6th: God's Invitation PODCAST
- January 13th: Power of Prayer PODCAST
- January 20th: Back to Basics PODCAST
- January 27th: State of the Church PODCAST
Starting September 16th, the new Sermon Series will be "Joining Jesus on His Mission"
“Joining Jesus on His Mission”
- 16-Sep “What’s Jesus Up To?” PODCAST
- 23-Sep “The River Moved” PODCAST
- 30-Sep “Seeking What’s Already Happening” PODCAST
- 7-Oct “Simple Practices for Joining Jesus: Part 1” PODCAST
- 14-Oct “Simple Practices for joining Jesus: Part 2” PODCAST
- 21-Oct “What Will Your Story Be?” PODCAST
- 4-Nov “Mission with a Little Help from Our Friends” PODCAST