Pastor Scott has many years of experience speaking to congregations. Below the sermon series and podcasts of Pastor Scott.
New Teaching Series:
We are not the first to experience tears in our lives. Good or Bad. Tears have flowed since the fall of man. This Lenten season we invite you to join us at home or in the building as we follow the many types of tears left behind by those who walked with Jesus in his final days.
- February 21st
- February 28th
- March 7th
- March 14th
- March 21st
- March 28th
- April 1st (Maundy Thursday)
- April 2nd (Good Friday)
- April 4th (Easter/Resurrection Sunday)
Psalm 23: Join us at the building or in your home every Wednesday during the season of Lent as we take a slow, verse by verse look into this well-known psalm.
- February 17th
- February 24th
- March 3rd
- March 10th
- March 17th
- March 24th
Transfigured: The Trasfiguration of Jesus
- February 14th (PODCAST)
Greatness of God: God is great!
- February 7th (PODCAST)
State of the Church: Reconnect 2021
Pastor Scott will be giving a “state of the Church” message January 31st. Join us or tune in to hear about where the church is headed in 2021.
- January 31st: (PODCAST)
Back to Basics: New Year, New Teaching Series! Back to Basics.
Fit to Be a King- Join us over the coming weeks as we explore the kings of ages past. Many lessons, both good and bad, will be learned as we look at those whom God saw fit to be a king.
- November 22nd (PODCAST)
- November 29th (PODCAST)
- December 6th (PODCAST)
- December 13th (PODCAST)
- December 20th (Christmas Program)
- December 24th (PODCAST)
- December 25th (PODCAST)
- December 27th (PODCAST)
Arise & Shine (Advent Series): Christmas lights up? Awesome. Now relax a bit and prepare for Christmas over the coming weeks as we learn about the one to come who is the Light of the World! Each week families of all sizes will have the opportunity to learn about Jesus in different lights such as rising light, reflected light, and healing light. Join us at the building or virtual worship as Pastor Scott walks us through each of these lights or join Chad as he weekly shares a brief family video devotion in “Advent Couch Conversations.”
- December 2nd (PODCAST)
Jog Through John-
We are going to be jogging thru John. That is right over the next two months we will be exploring the Gospel of John. While on the weekend you will have the opportunity to hear a message on this amazing Gospel, throughout the rest of the week you will have the chance to read with the body of believers a few chapters of John. So ready or not, off we go jogging thru John. I pray that you are blessed in your reading and the Holy Spirit works in you to grow and know more of God and His great love for you in Jesus Christ.
- - September 20th (PODCAST)
- - September 27th (PODCAST)
- - October 11th (PODCAST)
- - October 18th (PODAST)
- - October 25th BA Confirmation Sunday (PODCAST)
- - November 1st (PODCAST)
- - November 8th (PODCAST)
- - November 15th
The Lies We Believe- The world has us duped. We hear common clichés that sound good but have the tendency to lead us astray from God’s truth in His Word. We invite you to join us for our next teaching series as we learn to encounter these lies with the truth of Scripture.
- Aug 23rd: “Believe in yourself” (PODCAST)
- Aug 30th: “God just wants me to be happy” (PODCAST)
- Sept 6th: “I could never forgive…” (PODCAST)
- Sept 13th: “Well,____ will never change” (PODCAST)
Miracles of Jesus- Next Sunday we begin a 5-week teaching series diving into the miracles of Jesus. Join us as we explore:
- July 18 & 19: Water into Wine (PODCAST)
- July 25 & 26: Walking on Water (PODCAST)
- August 1 & 2: Healing of a Woman with a Disabling Spirit (PODCAST)
- August 8 & 9: Calming a Storm (PODCAST)
- August 15 & 16: Healing of a daughter.
Welcome Back, Church- Join us online or in person as we kick off this new teaching series! We will explore how in God’s love and mercy He brings the church back to the building to send her back out again.
Beyond Bible School Stories- Search past the basic bible school stories with Pastor Scott. Dive into the Word and see what else God is teaching us in those amazing stories.
- May 24th (PODCAST)
- May 31st (PODCAST)
- June 7th (PODCAST)
- June 14th (PODCAST)
- June 21st (PODCAST)
- June 28th (PODCAST)
Psalms of God’s Embrace- There is nothing better than knowing that God’s loving embrace is always there for us in His love and grace. Over the next 6 weeks we will explore the comfort of God’s embrace as we examine the book of Psalms as we explore….
- April 19th - Psalm 121 (PODCAST)
- April 26th- Psalm 4 (PODCAST)
- May 3rd- Psalm 32:1-7 (PODCAST)
- May 10th- Psalm 1 (PODCAST)
- May 17th- Psalm 46 (PODCAST)
Easter Worship 2020 (PODCAST)
A Strange Kingdom- Dietrich Bonhoeffer once said, “A King who dies on the cross must be the king of a rather strange kingdom.” Join us over the coming weeks as together we learn more about this King Jesus and explore the power of the cross. You will truly be blessed!
- February 16th: Foolishness (PODCAST)
- February 23rd: Forsaken (PODCAST)
- March 1st: Finished (PODCAST)
- March 8th: Forgiven (PODCAST)
- March 15th: Jesus is in Charge (PODCAST)
- March 22nd: Freedom (PODCAST)
- March 29th: Forlorn (PODCAST)
- April 5th: Fulfilled (PODCAST)
- April 12th: Flourishing (PODCAST)
Cross Words- Throughout the Wednesday’s in lent join us as we focus in on the words of Jesus spoken from the cross. Each week we will examine His words and see how they apply to our lives.
- Ash Wednesday – “Father, Forgive Them” (PODCAST)
- Lent 1 – “You will be with Me in Paradise” (PODCAST)
- Lent 2 – “Behold Your Son; Behold Your Mother" (PODCAST)
- Lent 3 – “My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?” (PODCAST)
- Lent 4 – “I Thirst” (PODCAST)
- Lent 5 – “It is Finished!” (PODCAST)
- Maundy Thursday - Upper Room (PODCAST)
- Good Friday – “Father, Into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit” (PODCAST)
Making Space- Living in a world where everything is always busy we sometimes need to slow down and just make space to spend time with other people. Over the next two weeks join us as we look at God’s word and see how it is important to make space in our lives for friends and enjoying time with them!
FOCUS 2020- No better way to start the New Year than with our eyes focused on Jesus and His love. Join us as we focus on Christ and learn the importance of friendship, love, and mercy being extended to the body of Christ and to all those in the neighborhoods of our lives!
- December 29th: Focus 2020 UPWARD (PODCAST)
- January 5th: Focus 2020 INSIDE (PODCAST)
- January 12th: Focus 2020 OUTSIDE (PODCAST)
- January 19th: Focus 2020 ONWARD (PODCAST)
- January 26th: State of the Church "The Connect Strategy" (PODCAST)
Advent-ure Awaits- Join us this month as we dig into the adventure that awaits for believers in Christ as we anticipate celebrating Jesus birth!
- - December 1st: PODCAST
- - December 8th: PODCAST
- - December 22nd: PODCAST
- - December 24th: PODCAST
- - December 25th: PODCAST
Scrooge from Scripture- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens is a true classic. Join us for mid-week advent services this December as we explore this story of hope, redemption, and transformation as we prepare for the Savior’s birth.
“Free To…”- Join us in November for a month long teaching series based off of John 8:31b-32, 36 “If you abide in my word, you truly are my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. So if the Son sets you free you will be free indeed!”
- November 3rd: Free to...Forgive PODCAST
- November 10th: Free to...Fight PODCAST
- November 17th: Free to...Take a Risk PODCAST
- November 24th: Free to...Serve PODCAST
- November 28th: Free to...Give Thanks PODCAST
2 Timothy- This October join us as we walk through the book of 2nd Timothy exploring how the Lord is calling us to cling faithfully to His precious Word!
- October 6th: "2 Timothy 1" PODCAST
- October 13th: "2 Timothy 2" PODCAST
- October 20th: "2 Timothy 3" PODCAST
- October 27th: "2 Timothy 4" PODCAST
Guest Speaker: Greg Finke (September 29th, 2019) PODCAST
September Teaching Series- Hidden Gems- Join us as we take some time to study some spiritual GEMS that often get over looked in ways that help us focus more in on how God’s Eternal Mercy Saves.
- - September 1st: 2 Fast PODCAST
- - September 8th: The Art of Silence PODCAST
- - September 15th: Sacred Reading PODCAST
- - September 22nd: Serve PODCAST
Discipling- According to Jesus: The way Jesus disciples people is simple. His way of teaching results in ordinary followers discipling others to do the same. Join us in the month of August as we regain clarity of how Jesus disciples people in the gospels so we can disciple our children, family, friends, and neighbors to get up and follow Jesus and join him on His mission, too.
- July 28th: Why Are We Scared? PODCAST
- August 4th: What is Discipling? PODCAST
- August 11th: How does Discipling Work? PODCAST
- August 18th: What is Jesus Process? PODCAST
- August 25th: How to Disciple Family PODCAST
Parable-Palooza Summer brings vacations and parties. Summer brings fun in the sun. Summer at LMC-River Falls brings “Parable-Palooza” an in depth look at the teachings of Jesus through parables! We invite you to join us in June and July as we dig further into the Word of God studying 8 different parables.
- June 2nd: The Good Samaritan PODCAST
- June 9th: The Cost of Discipleship PODCAST
- June 23rd: Mustard Seed PODCAST
- June 30th: Pharisee & Tax Collector PODCAST
- July 14th: The Talents PODCAST
- July 21st: The Prodigal Son PODCAST
Mental Health- We are broken people. Sometimes we can see the hurt other times it is hidden away. Join us the last two weeks of May as we explore how God in His love and mercy can be part of the mental health conversation.
Means of Grace- God’s gifts of forgiveness, life, and salvation won for us by the death and resurrection of Jesus are revealed in the written and spoken words of God. Join us as we explore these means through Confession/Absolution, Holy Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper.
- April 28th, 2019 "Confession & Absolution" PODCAST
- May 5th, 2019 "Holy Baptism" PODCAST
- May 12th, 2019 "Lord's Supper" PODCAST
Holy Week 2019
- Maundy Thursday: April 18th, 2019 PODCAST
- Good Friday: April 19th, 2019 PODCAST
- Easter Sunday: April 21st, 2019 PODCAST
"Immersed in the Word"
Immersed in the Word- Immerse means “to involve oneself deeply in a particular activity or interest.” We immerse in our work, we immerse in our family, we immerse in our free time but so often we don’t immerse in God’s Word. Why is that? Usually we just don’t make it a priority to spend time with God in His Word. You are invited to join your friends at LMC-River Falls as together we immerse in God’s Holy Word digging into the book of Galatians. We want you to come along and see how beneficial your time spent in God’s word will be. Each Wednesday we will be sending out a brief email including the text from Galatians that will be the basis of the message on Sunday. We hope and pray that you read through it and let God speak to you through this His Word an then when you gather on Sunday morning your learning can continue to grow.
- February 3rd: Galatians 1:1-10 PODCAST
- February 10th: Galatians 1:11-24 PODCAST
- February 17th: Greg Finke (Guest Pastor) PODCAST
- February 24th: Galatians 2:1-10 PODCAST
- March 3rd: Galatians 2:11-21 PODCAST
- March 10th: Galatians 3:1-14 PODCAST
- March 17th: Galatians 3:15-29 PODCAST
- March 24th: Galatians 4:1-32 PODCAST
- March 31st: Galatians 5:1-15 PODCAST
- April 7th: Galatians 5:16-25 PODCAST
- April 14th: Galatians 6:1-18 PODCAST
Lenten Teaching Series "He Chose"
- March 6th (Ash Wednesday): "He Chose to be One of Us" PODCAST
- March 13th: "He Chose To Forgive Us" PODCAST
- March 20th: "He Chose to Invite Us Into His Presence" PODCAST
- March 27th: "He Chose to Love Us Forever" PODCAST
January Teaching Series: "Lettuce Pray"
Join us as we dig further into the LMC River Falls Mission Statement “Empowering Disciples through Prayer.” Together we will explore the importance and power of prayer in our lives.
- January 6th: God's Invitation PODCAST
- January 13th: Power of Prayer PODCAST
- January 20th: Back to Basics PODCAST
- January 27th: State of the Church PODCAST
Starting September 16th, the new Sermon Series will be "Joining Jesus on His Mission"
“Joining Jesus on His Mission”
- 16-Sep “What’s Jesus Up To?” PODCAST
- 23-Sep “The River Moved” PODCAST
- 30-Sep “Seeking What’s Already Happening” PODCAST
- 7-Oct “Simple Practices for Joining Jesus: Part 1” PODCAST
- 14-Oct “Simple Practices for joining Jesus: Part 2” PODCAST
- 21-Oct “What Will Your Story Be?” PODCAST
- 4-Nov “Mission with a Little Help from Our Friends” PODCAST