Pastor Scott has many years of experience speaking to congregations. Below the sermon series and podcasts of Pastor Scott.
New Teaching Series:
30 Days of Prayer: Pray with Purpose- Every day you have an opportunity to grow in your faith. Every day you have an opportunity to pray. Every day in the month of September we will be spending time praying with purpose. Invite you to join your brothers and sisters in Christ as together we pray without ceasing, giving thanks in all circumstances knowing this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.
- September 4th
- September 11th
- September 18th
- September 25th
That's in the Bible? Ever ask that question? Join us as we explore some unique sections of scripture and see how we can learn and grow from all of God’s Word!
- August 7th (PODCAST)
- August 14th (PODCAST)
- August 21st (PODCAST)
- August 28th (PODCAST)
- October 2nd
- October 9th
ummer Refreshers- Sometimes we forget. Sometimes we need refreshers. Throughout the month of June and July, each week you will be refreshed on how much God loves you, forgives you, and sends you out with this truth. Join us in the coming weeks to get that ever important summer refresher of Jesus and HIs love for you!
- June 12th: Hope (PODCAST)
- June 19th: God for the Broken (PODCAST)
- June 26th: GO! Literally. Go! (PODCAST)
- July 3rd: Create a Rhythm (PODCAST)
- July 10th: Magnetic Love (PODCAST)
- July 17th: Friendship (PODCAST)
- July 24th: Hope on Repeat (PODCAST)
- July 31st: Need for Silence (PODCAST)
Ready. Set. ACTS-ion!
Ready. Set. Action. These words bring excitement. They bring anticipation. They beg the question…What’s next? What’s to follow? Following the resurrection of Jesus, the disciples didn’t just sit around. They were filled with the Holy Spirit and sent out to share the good news of Jesus. Join us throughout May as we join the apostles in action doing the work of carrying the love of the resurrected Jesus to everyone!
- April 24th (PODCAST)
- May 1st (PODCAST)
- May 8th (PODCAST)
- May 15th (PODCAST)
- May 22nd (PODCAST)
- May 29th (PODCAST)
- June 5th (PODCAST)
Resurrection Progression- The week starts with a joyous welcome into Jerusalem with a celebration parade. However, soon the week turns somber as a last meal is shared, as the man is arrested and nailed to a tree. After a few hours, He breathes His last and His body is taken and placed in a tomb. Death could not hold Him for three days later He rose from the grave. Come and hear of the man who died and rose to rescue you as we celebrate the resurrection progression of Jesus Christ.
- April 14th (Maundy Thursday) PODCAST
- April 15th (Good Friday) PODCAST
- April 17th (Resurrection Sunday) PODCAST
The ‘Our Father’-Applied.- The Our Father. The Lord’s Prayer. You can recite it from memory. You say it at home. You say it at church. Chances are sometimes you sound like a robot. Yet, this prayer is powerful. This prayer is for you. From Jesus. Throughout the Sunday’s in Lent we will explore this most famous prayer…applied to you.
- Week 1- Our Father, Honored (PODCAST)
- Week 2- Thy, Not My (PODCAST)
- Week 3- God Gives, Daily (PODCAST)
- Week 4- Forgive. And Forget? (PODCAST)
- Week 5- Drifting? (PODCAST)
- Ash Wednesday, 2022: (PODCAST)
Jesus Says: Jesus Says, “I Am”- Who is Jesus, really? Over the month of February we invite you to join us as we explore more of who Jesus really is through His own words, “I am.” Together we will learn and grow in our understanding of who Jesus is as the Bread of Life, the Light of the World, The Good Shepherd, and the Resurrection and the Life.
- February 13th: Jesus Says, "I am the Light of the World" (PODCAST)
- February 20th: Jesus Says, "I am the Good Shepherd" (PODCAST)
- February 27th: Jesus Says, "I am the Resurrection and the Life" (PODCAST)
Autopsy- Have your attention? The Church will never die. Jesus says so himself in Matthew 16:18. However, churches have died and others are dying. It doesn’t have to be this way. Join us over the coming weeks as we seek God at work giving new life to our churches.
He is Coming: He is coming….SOON! Invite you to join us in the coming weeks as together explore the prophecies of old pointing to that most joyous day, where the Word became flesh!
Sounds of Christmas There are so many beautiful Christmas songs. There are so many talented people. There is so much depth in God’s Word. Combine these three and you have our midweek teaching series for Advent. Invite you to join us as we explore God’s Word and hear beautiful music performed. December 1st- It Came Upon the Midnight Clear; December 8th- Good King Wenceslas; December 15th- Come Thou Long Expected Jesus
- December 1st (It Came Upon a Midnight Clear) (PODCAST)
- December 8th (Good King Wenceslas) (PODCAST)
- December 15th (PODCAST)
Thank-you- “a polite expression of one's gratitude.” Two simple and powerful words that need to be expressed. Join us over the coming weeks as we explore God’s word and our lives and are reminded how important and powerful these two words can be in our daily lives.
International Day of Prayer for Persecuted Christians: All across the world, On Nov. 7…. Christians will join in prayer for our persecuted brothers and sisters in Christ. Persecuted believers are encouraged when they learn that their brothers and sisters around the world are praying for them. By choosing to “lose” their earthly lives, sacrificing their comfort and safety in this world, they found true life in Jesus Christ. Today, our persecuted Christian brothers and sisters are finding life that counts for eternity at the cost of harassment, imprisonment and even death. Join us as we pray for and learn more about our persecuted Christian family members who choose to walk this path in obedience to Christ.
- November 7th
SOS (… – – – …) : We all have experienced it. We have sent out the cry of distress. Help! Where do we turn when we are brought to our knees? We lift our eyes up and see that help comes from the Lord. We invite you to join us through October as we will hear and see through real life stories of those in the bible and those in the body of Christ how God works through His children as they cry out to Him!
- October 3rd: (PODCAST)
- October 10th (Pastor Frank): (PODCAST)
- October 17th (Pastor Brody): (PODCAST)
- October 24th: (PODCAST)
- October 31st (Confirmation Sunday with Confirmands Statements of Faith): (PODCAST)
Care Connections: Devoting themselves to the teachings of Jesus, the church cares for one another. Join us in the coming weeks as we explore how the church cares for one another through authentic love, prayer, and accountability.
A Call to Serve (Sermon Topic)
- September 5th (PODCAST)
Digging In: Grab your bible and DIG IN! For many this is easier said than done. Join us over the next 5 weeks as we learn how to dig into the Word of God and read the truth of His Holy Word!
- August 8th- Scripture Interprets Scripture: (PODCAST)
- August 15th- Old Testament interprets New Testament: (PODCAST)
- August 22nd- Words Do Things: (PODCAST)
- August 29th- Holy Spirit Helps: (PODCAST)
Lectionary Look-In: Check out this series as we look-in at the Church’s calendar to a specific collection of readings from God’s Holy Word.
Paradoxes of Scripture- Scripture is always challenging. Throw in a paradox and it brings new challenges. Join us as we wrestle with different “Paradoxes of Scripture” growing in our understanding of God’s Word by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- June 6th "To be Exalted, You Must be Humbled" (PODCAST)
- June 13th "To be Strong, You Must be Weak" (PODCAST)
- June 20th "To be a Receiver, You Must be a Giver" (PODCAST)
- June 27th "To Live, You Must Die" (PODCAST)
Enemies of the Heart: The Lord says, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?” (Jeremiah 17:9). The heart is always under attack. Every area of our lives intersects with what goes on in our hearts. The question is, how do we deal with these attacks. The answer is found in God and His word. Through the month of May, we will explore how Guilt, Greed, Anger, and Stress attack our hearts and how we can confidently cry out to the Father for help to guard, guide, and purify our hearts.
- May 9th: GUILT (PODCAST)
- May 16th: GREED (PODCAST)
- May 23rd: ANGER (PODCAST)
- May 30th: STRESS (PODCAST)
Jesus is Risen! Join us over the next 4 weeks as we celebrate the risen Jesus and explore what His resurrection victory means for us while digging into Paul’s first letter to the Corinthians looking at chapter 15.
- April 11th: Resurrection of Christ (PODCAST)
- April 18th: Resurrection of the Dead (PODCAST)
- April 25th: Resurrection of the Body (PODCAST)
- May 2nd: Mystery & Victory
We are not the first to experience tears in our lives. Good or Bad. Tears have flowed since the fall of man. This Lenten season we invite you to join us at home or in the building as we follow the many types of tears left behind by those who walked with Jesus in his final days.
- February 21st: Coming Tears (PODCAST)
- February 28th: Tears of Betrayal (PODCAST)
- March 7th: Garden Tears (PODCAST)
- March 14th: Tears of Guilt (PODCAST)
- March 21st: A Mother's Tears (PODCAST)
- March 28th: Jesus Weeps (PODCAST)
- April 1st (Maundy Thursday):Tears of Remorse (PODCAST)
- April 2nd (Good Friday): Impossible Tears (PODCAST)
- April 4th (Easter/Resurrection Sunday):Tears of Joy (POCAST)
Psalm 23: Join us at the building or in your home every Wednesday during the season of Lent as we take a slow, verse by verse look into this well-known psalm.
- February 24th (PODCAST)
- March 3rd (PODCAST)
- March 10th (PODCAST)
- March 17th (PODCAST)
- March 24th (PODCAST)
Transfigured: The Trasfiguration of Jesus
- February 14th (PODCAST)
Greatness of God: God is great!
- February 7th (PODCAST)
State of the Church: Reconnect 2021
Pastor Scott will be giving a “state of the Church” message January 31st. Join us or tune in to hear about where the church is headed in 2021.
- January 31st: (PODCAST)
Back to Basics: New Year, New Teaching Series! Back to Basics.
Fit to Be a King- Join us over the coming weeks as we explore the kings of ages past. Many lessons, both good and bad, will be learned as we look at those whom God saw fit to be a king.
- November 22nd (PODCAST)
- November 29th (PODCAST)
- December 6th (PODCAST)
- December 13th (PODCAST)
- December 20th (Christmas Program)
- December 24th (PODCAST)
- December 25th (PODCAST)
- December 27th (PODCAST)
Arise & Shine (Advent Series): Christmas lights up? Awesome. Now relax a bit and prepare for Christmas over the coming weeks as we learn about the one to come who is the Light of the World! Each week families of all sizes will have the opportunity to learn about Jesus in different lights such as rising light, reflected light, and healing light. Join us at the building or virtual worship as Pastor Scott walks us through each of these lights or join Chad as he weekly shares a brief family video devotion in “Advent Couch Conversations.”
- December 2nd (PODCAST)
Jog Through John-
We are going to be jogging thru John. That is right over the next two months we will be exploring the Gospel of John. While on the weekend you will have the opportunity to hear a message on this amazing Gospel, throughout the rest of the week you will have the chance to read with the body of believers a few chapters of John. So ready or not, off we go jogging thru John. I pray that you are blessed in your reading and the Holy Spirit works in you to grow and know more of God and His great love for you in Jesus Christ.
- - September 20th (PODCAST)
- - September 27th (PODCAST)
- - October 11th (PODCAST)
- - October 18th (PODAST)
- - October 25th BA Confirmation Sunday (PODCAST)
- - November 1st (PODCAST)
- - November 8th (PODCAST)
- - November 15th
The Lies We Believe- The world has us duped. We hear common clichés that sound good but have the tendency to lead us astray from God’s truth in His Word. We invite you to join us for our next teaching series as we learn to encounter these lies with the truth of Scripture.
- Aug 23rd: “Believe in yourself” (PODCAST)
- Aug 30th: “God just wants me to be happy” (PODCAST)
- Sept 6th: “I could never forgive…” (PODCAST)
- Sept 13th: “Well,____ will never change” (PODCAST)
Miracles of Jesus- Next Sunday we begin a 5-week teaching series diving into the miracles of Jesus. Join us as we explore:
- July 18 & 19: Water into Wine (PODCAST)
- July 25 & 26: Walking on Water (PODCAST)
- August 1 & 2: Healing of a Woman with a Disabling Spirit (PODCAST)
- August 8 & 9: Calming a Storm (PODCAST)
- August 15 & 16: Healing of a daughter.
Welcome Back, Church- Join us online or in person as we kick off this new teaching series! We will explore how in God’s love and mercy He brings the church back to the building to send her back out again.
Beyond Bible School Stories- Search past the basic bible school stories with Pastor Scott. Dive into the Word and see what else God is teaching us in those amazing stories.
- May 24th (PODCAST)
- May 31st (PODCAST)
- June 7th (PODCAST)
- June 14th (PODCAST)
- June 21st (PODCAST)
- June 28th (PODCAST)
Psalms of God’s Embrace- There is nothing better than knowing that God’s loving embrace is always there for us in His love and grace. Over the next 6 weeks we will explore the comfort of God’s embrace as we examine the book of Psalms as we explore….
- April 19th - Psalm 121 (PODCAST)
- April 26th- Psalm 4 (PODCAST)
- May 3rd- Psalm 32:1-7 (PODCAST)
- May 10th- Psalm 1 (PODCAST)
- May 17th- Psalm 46 (PODCAST)
Easter Worship 2020 (PODCAST)
A Strange Kingdom- Dietrich Bonhoeffer once said, “A King who dies on the cross must be the king of a rather strange kingdom.” Join us over the coming weeks as together we learn more about this King Jesus and explore the power of the cross. You will truly be blessed!
- February 16th: Foolishness (PODCAST)
- February 23rd: Forsaken (PODCAST)
- March 1st: Finished (PODCAST)
- March 8th: Forgiven (PODCAST)
- March 15th: Jesus is in Charge (PODCAST)
- March 22nd: Freedom (PODCAST)
- March 29th: Forlorn (PODCAST)
- April 5th: Fulfilled (PODCAST)
- April 12th: Flourishing (PODCAST)
Cross Words- Throughout the Wednesday’s in lent join us as we focus in on the words of Jesus spoken from the cross. Each week we will examine His words and see how they apply to our lives.
- Ash Wednesday – “Father, Forgive Them” (PODCAST)
- Lent 1 – “You will be with Me in Paradise” (PODCAST)
- Lent 2 – “Behold Your Son; Behold Your Mother" (PODCAST)
- Lent 3 – “My God, Why Have You Forsaken Me?” (PODCAST)
- Lent 4 – “I Thirst” (PODCAST)
- Lent 5 – “It is Finished!” (PODCAST)
- Maundy Thursday - Upper Room (PODCAST)
- Good Friday – “Father, Into Your Hands I Commit My Spirit” (PODCAST)
Making Space- Living in a world where everything is always busy we sometimes need to slow down and just make space to spend time with other people. Over the next two weeks join us as we look at God’s word and see how it is important to make space in our lives for friends and enjoying time with them!
FOCUS 2020- No better way to start the New Year than with our eyes focused on Jesus and His love. Join us as we focus on Christ and learn the importance of friendship, love, and mercy being extended to the body of Christ and to all those in the neighborhoods of our lives!
- December 29th: Focus 2020 UPWARD (PODCAST)
- January 5th: Focus 2020 INSIDE (PODCAST)
- January 12th: Focus 2020 OUTSIDE (PODCAST)
- January 19th: Focus 2020 ONWARD (PODCAST)
- January 26th: State of the Church "The Connect Strategy" (PODCAST)
Advent-ure Awaits- Join us this month as we dig into the adventure that awaits for believers in Christ as we anticipate celebrating Jesus birth!
- - December 1st: PODCAST
- - December 8th: PODCAST
- - December 22nd: PODCAST
- - December 24th: PODCAST
- - December 25th: PODCAST
Scrooge from Scripture- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens is a true classic. Join us for mid-week advent services this December as we explore this story of hope, redemption, and transformation as we prepare for the Savior’s birth.
“Free To…”- Join us in November for a month long teaching series based off of John 8:31b-32, 36 “If you abide in my word, you truly are my disciples, and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. So if the Son sets you free you will be free indeed!”
- November 3rd: Free to...Forgive PODCAST
- November 10th: Free to...Fight PODCAST
- November 17th: Free to...Take a Risk PODCAST
- November 24th: Free to...Serve PODCAST
- November 28th: Free to...Give Thanks PODCAST
2 Timothy- This October join us as we walk through the book of 2nd Timothy exploring how the Lord is calling us to cling faithfully to His precious Word!
- October 6th: "2 Timothy 1" PODCAST
- October 13th: "2 Timothy 2" PODCAST
- October 20th: "2 Timothy 3" PODCAST
- October 27th: "2 Timothy 4" PODCAST
Guest Speaker: Greg Finke (September 29th, 2019) PODCAST
September Teaching Series- Hidden Gems- Join us as we take some time to study some spiritual GEMS that often get over looked in ways that help us focus more in on how God’s Eternal Mercy Saves.
- - September 1st: 2 Fast PODCAST
- - September 8th: The Art of Silence PODCAST
- - September 15th: Sacred Reading PODCAST
- - September 22nd: Serve PODCAST
Discipling- According to Jesus: The way Jesus disciples people is simple. His way of teaching results in ordinary followers discipling others to do the same. Join us in the month of August as we regain clarity of how Jesus disciples people in the gospels so we can disciple our children, family, friends, and neighbors to get up and follow Jesus and join him on His mission, too.
- July 28th: Why Are We Scared? PODCAST
- August 4th: What is Discipling? PODCAST
- August 11th: How does Discipling Work? PODCAST
- August 18th: What is Jesus Process? PODCAST
- August 25th: How to Disciple Family PODCAST
Parable-Palooza Summer brings vacations and parties. Summer brings fun in the sun. Summer at LMC-River Falls brings “Parable-Palooza” an in depth look at the teachings of Jesus through parables! We invite you to join us in June and July as we dig further into the Word of God studying 8 different parables.
- June 2nd: The Good Samaritan PODCAST
- June 9th: The Cost of Discipleship PODCAST
- June 23rd: Mustard Seed PODCAST
- June 30th: Pharisee & Tax Collector PODCAST
- July 14th: The Talents PODCAST
- July 21st: The Prodigal Son PODCAST
Mental Health- We are broken people. Sometimes we can see the hurt other times it is hidden away. Join us the last two weeks of May as we explore how God in His love and mercy can be part of the mental health conversation.
Means of Grace- God’s gifts of forgiveness, life, and salvation won for us by the death and resurrection of Jesus are revealed in the written and spoken words of God. Join us as we explore these means through Confession/Absolution, Holy Baptism, and the Lord’s Supper.
- April 28th, 2019 "Confession & Absolution" PODCAST
- May 5th, 2019 "Holy Baptism" PODCAST
- May 12th, 2019 "Lord's Supper" PODCAST
Holy Week 2019
- Maundy Thursday: April 18th, 2019 PODCAST
- Good Friday: April 19th, 2019 PODCAST
- Easter Sunday: April 21st, 2019 PODCAST
"Immersed in the Word"
Immersed in the Word- Immerse means “to involve oneself deeply in a particular activity or interest.” We immerse in our work, we immerse in our family, we immerse in our free time but so often we don’t immerse in God’s Word. Why is that? Usually we just don’t make it a priority to spend time with God in His Word. You are invited to join your friends at LMC-River Falls as together we immerse in God’s Holy Word digging into the book of Galatians. We want you to come along and see how beneficial your time spent in God’s word will be. Each Wednesday we will be sending out a brief email including the text from Galatians that will be the basis of the message on Sunday. We hope and pray that you read through it and let God speak to you through this His Word an then when you gather on Sunday morning your learning can continue to grow.
- February 3rd: Galatians 1:1-10 PODCAST
- February 10th: Galatians 1:11-24 PODCAST
- February 17th: Greg Finke (Guest Pastor) PODCAST
- February 24th: Galatians 2:1-10 PODCAST
- March 3rd: Galatians 2:11-21 PODCAST
- March 10th: Galatians 3:1-14 PODCAST
- March 17th: Galatians 3:15-29 PODCAST
- March 24th: Galatians 4:1-32 PODCAST
- March 31st: Galatians 5:1-15 PODCAST
- April 7th: Galatians 5:16-25 PODCAST
- April 14th: Galatians 6:1-18 PODCAST
Lenten Teaching Series "He Chose"
- March 6th (Ash Wednesday): "He Chose to be One of Us" PODCAST
- March 13th: "He Chose To Forgive Us" PODCAST
- March 20th: "He Chose to Invite Us Into His Presence" PODCAST
- March 27th: "He Chose to Love Us Forever" PODCAST
January Teaching Series: "Lettuce Pray"
Join us as we dig further into the LMC River Falls Mission Statement “Empowering Disciples through Prayer.” Together we will explore the importance and power of prayer in our lives.
- January 6th: God's Invitation PODCAST
- January 13th: Power of Prayer PODCAST
- January 20th: Back to Basics PODCAST
- January 27th: State of the Church PODCAST
Starting September 16th, the new Sermon Series will be "Joining Jesus on His Mission"
“Joining Jesus on His Mission”
- 16-Sep “What’s Jesus Up To?” PODCAST
- 23-Sep “The River Moved” PODCAST
- 30-Sep “Seeking What’s Already Happening” PODCAST
- 7-Oct “Simple Practices for Joining Jesus: Part 1” PODCAST
- 14-Oct “Simple Practices for joining Jesus: Part 2” PODCAST
- 21-Oct “What Will Your Story Be?” PODCAST
- 4-Nov “Mission with a Little Help from Our Friends” PODCAST